Blog Archive for Month: April 2008
My upcoming Events
Presentation at ISEA 2008 Conference, Singapore, SG
“WoW” at “Hack the City” Digital Playgorund at TMCA, CO.KR
“Chat” at “Try again” Koldo Mitxelena, San Sebastian, ES
23.05. – 21.06.08
“Are you social?” at “Public Privacy” Nimk, Amsterdam, NL
Talk at Art School Kassel “Digitale Attitüde”, Kassel, DE
“WoW”, “Chat” and “Friends” at Futuresonic, Manchester, UK
past events …
Stamps for “Friends” workshop at Futuresonic arrived. 🙂
(more than 30)
Join the Friends network at
Get to know cool new friends and hook up. Find out which online social networks they belong to. Extend your list of friends and let new people discover you. Get ready and take offline networking to the next level!
Join the Friends workshop to create your own paper profile page in the ground breaking big Friends network book. And take away your personal Friends booklet, to carry on collecting new friends around the city. Create your handmade profile picture and leave your mark with special stamps and ink on all your friends’ booklets. A wide range of tools and materials are provided. Show off your Web 2.0 identity in paper mode!
1. Sample your personal Friends booklet from high end manufactured paper sheets to start your unforgettable collection of new friends!
2. Use your hands! Cut a stamp with your web profile picture. This personal tool plays a central role in all Friends communication. Leave your traces in real life!
3. Connect! Coin your basic profile data by using Dymo label tape. All your friends can get an easy carbon copy of your basic contact info!
4. What Social Web services are you on? Stamp and customize your personal Web 2.0 info. Create a collection of Web 2.0 stamps to distribute and inform all your friends about your online activities.
5. Contribute to the big, public and constantly growing Friends book. All users of the Friends network have a profile page here! Take a look at who is already part of it! Create your personal profile page and share your digital life!
6. Find new friends! Place friend requests on user profile pages and exchange info directly via carbon copy and Web2.0 stamps. Collect and share your online identity in your Friends booklet.
7. “Yes, I am using Friends and it is great!” Create your personal button badge to find other Friends users and extend your network during Futuresonic 2008.
8. Customize and wear Friends tattoos. Wear Web2.0 on your skin! Inhale Social Web!
Boris is a good old friend from Bremen who studied composition in the Netherlands. Serge and Boris were running a nice guitar/computer-duo for serveral years. Lately they began to work with sound installtaions/performances involving all kinds of materials. Upcoming “concert” sounds very interesting.
See you on thursday!
Serge Baghdassarians & Boris Baltschun
for toy steam boilers, film reel boxes and plastic tubes 
the development of jet lag has been inspired by an early 20th century sewage works facility driven by a large steam engine. this facility is situated in prague and has been turned into a museum (ekotechnické museum) after the abadonment of service.
the jet lag objects are constructed of the following elements: film reel boxes as the main containers. boilers extracted from toy steam boats. plastic tubes extend the boilers outlets to provoke a higher resistance and slightly destabilise the functioning of the engine. tealight bins are serving as containers for liquid fuel which powers the boilers. > jetlag (mp3)
[Actually the “flag/tail” is supposed to show the screenname for each service.]
On Friday 2.5.08 during Futuresonic festival I will run the “WoW” workshop which results in a public group performance. If you are interested feel free to register here for the workshop. Places are limited. Free admission. Spread the word!
(picture, VORUIT Gent 2007)
- In a papercraft session each participant will cut his real full name from cardboard and mount it on a transparent plastic strip.
- Break (fish&chips or coffee).
- In a group performance the participants will carry each others names on a fork construction throughout the festival main venue.
- Following and presenting person will swap places after desired time.
Friday 2 May.
Workshop: 2pm – 5pm.
Performance from 5:45 pm
Contact Theatre, Oxford Street
But anyway, come and see! I’ll show three projects: “Chat”, “WoW” and brand new commissioned project “Friends”. It s going to be fun.
See you in Manchester in two weeks!
“Social Networking Unplugged” Futuresonic 2008,
Urban Festival of Art, Music and Ideas. Manchester www.futuresonic.com
1.5. – 5.5.2008
5 days and nights of live music, art premieres, exhibitions, club nights and events featuring a world-class programme of over 300 artists in 30 venues and spaces across the city centre. Futuresonic is an international festival of Art, Music and Ideas now in its 12th year occupying the orbits of both digital culture and music.